Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Porch n' Yard Pickets

Hi everyone! I thought I'd show you a few things that my friend Pam and I make and sell in Celene's Treasure Chest country store in rural Coffeen, Illinois.
Pam and I call our crafting venture "Wood n' Whimsy" which by the way is also the name of my crafters blog that features free prim craft recipes, patterns, DIY and how-to's. Come on by and check it out!
I've been thinking that you might find it interesting to see how we make some of these things, so I'm going to start taking my camera to work with me. We have a work shop in the back of the store where we make all our crafts. So stay tuned, as they say and I'll include that in furture episodes.



The first picture is of a white washed picket that props or hangs on the porch or hangs on the outside of a home.

This next photo is of a spindle picket. There is a rain gauge and temperature gauge on the back.
Here is a bird bath made from a spindle and an old granite ware bowl.


Check out How to make grungy hang tags over at Wood n' Whimsy.

If you are anywhere near our neck of the woods, give me a holler. Forsee Winery and Vineyards are just 3 miles from the my shop. You can make a day of it, enjoying crafts, antiques, and a lovely picnic lunch at the picturesque countryside winery and vineyards.

Til next time...God Bless,
Celene

3 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

These are adorable...you are very creative! Cindy

basketsnprims said...

I made one of these years ago but mine says bath 5cents. Love it.

Pam

Roxanne said...

Wow very lovely. I love it. I will be keeping on track on all the happenings in your store.