Friday, March 28, 2008

Grandmas are moms with more frosting




You know they always tell you that there's nothing like being a grandparent. Until you are one, all you have to compare it to is being a parent. No comparison. I am very active in helping to raise my one year old grandson, Caleb. He has a fantastic single parent mommy who has a very demanding job. That's where I step in. Caleb and I have bonded in a way I never dreamt possible. There is nothing like looking into those big blue eyes and seeing that unconditional love and admiration shining back at me, those big sloppy wet open mouth kisses, the way he lays his head on my shoulder when he's tired or the way his face lights up when he comes through my door everyday. He is the light of my life and a wondrous blessing from God. I felt the same way about his mommy, well sort of. I can't explain the difference really, but there is one. I don't love him more, just different. I don't know, maybe it's the getting to send them home everyday part. All that love without all the responsibility. Whatever it is, there's nothing else like it in the world!

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Yep, he may love mama, but he'll love grandma in a much more special way. It just works that way. :)

Anonymous said...

That is the honest truth. Celene,I was there when you and I where raising our girls. Now with 3 grandsons. And One on the way (Jessica is expecting in June.) Another boy. We do feel blessed everyday for all the joy and love. PS - Hope to see you on the 16th. If your going to be around. Phil and I are flying in to St. Louis. for Sean's wedding in Mt.Vernon. We would love to swing by and see you on Friday if your available. LOVE YOU. Chrissy Moore. Please let me know.